While burning your CottageWicks candles, always practice safe candle light. To prevent fire and serious injury: Burn candle within sight. Keep out of reach of small children and pets. Never burn on or near anything that can catch fire. Before leaving the room, be sure your candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing.
Trim wick 1/4 inch before lighting. To ensure a proper melt pool and to prevent "tunneling", allow initial burn to last about 2 hours or until the melted wax reaches the sides of the glass. We recommend burning your candle for no more than 4 hours at a time. Keep wick centered and free of foreign objects. Never leave candle burning unattended. Discontinue use when 1/4 inch of wax is left.
Soy wax is biodegradable, so a simple hot water and soap soak will lift excess wax and help peel off label and wick.
CLEVER WAYS TO REUSE MASON JARS AND TINS
- use a piggy bank to place loose change
- add old stones and soil and use jars as a planter
- use as pencil holders
- use tins as a keepsake for your jewlery
- use your galvanized lids, tins and jars as a tea light holder
- or simply pour your favorite iced beverage in your mason jar and enjoy!